the iPhone 7 ships with lightning earphones the new MacBook Pro has no lighting port but has a headphone jack?
    11-02-2016 02:51 AM
    Yep, this is perfectly normal and you will have to get a different pair of earphones to use on the MacBook Pro. Yes this is annoying, but I believe in you!
    11-02-2016 03:15 AM
    MacBook Pro was supposed to ship 3 months before iPhone 7. Audio port on MacBook Pro is for djays and other audio pros.
    11-02-2016 12:57 PM
    Furthermore there is thunderbolt 3/usb c on the new MacBooks which can also do audio. I highly doubt you will see lightning on the macbook even if they remove the headphone jack. I can see them bundling lightning to usb c cables with all future iOS device releases .
    11-06-2016 09:50 AM
    MacBook Pro was supposed to ship 3 months before iPhone 7. Audio port on MacBook Pro is for djays and other audio pros.
    Wow really? i didn't know that. (regarding the release date)
    Was the reason for the delay because of the Touch Bar?

i think the USB_C connector is awesome and we will look back in a year or two and say thank you Apple.
    11-07-2016 05:11 AM
    Wow really? i didn't know that. (regarding the release date)
    Was the reason for the delay because of the Touch Bar?

i think the USB_C connector is awesome and we will look back in a year or two and say thank you Apple.
    It's hard to say what caused the delay although it's usually because something within its supply chain was ready for production yet.
    Matty likes this.
    11-07-2016 05:30 AM
    As for earphone access don't forget the new cordless EarPods and they will work on all devices. No more messy cables and there are plenty of other Bluetooth alternatives so other than audio components an earphone jack maybe fast becoming redundant.
    11-07-2016 11:08 PM
    Actually I think Apple just can't decide which way is better. From the one hand they are telling us about standards, from the other - can't choose which standard is better through all their devices. There was no point at all to cut all the ports from MacBook Pro series, so the same it was with headphone jack and iPhone. I think the only reason for this inconsistence is a maniacal wish of getting more money from their users. If negative response from people is huge enough (and it is), we will see some steps to consistence in next generations of these products.
    11-08-2016 06:26 AM
    Every time apple announces a new product people complain about something even some very small and easily solveable problem. So I don't think that apple's sales will see anything. Even though media and people come up with usually some small problem for most of us it isn't a problem that stops them buying it
    11-08-2016 06:42 AM
    I think that the main problem is that Apple has lost its way.... too many departments doing too many things. Mr Jobs had tighter control, and more people were scared of losing their employment to let this happen before.
    11-08-2016 06:47 AM
    Every time apple announces a new product people complain about something even some very small and easily solveable problem. So I don't think that apple's sales will see anything. Even though media and people come up with usually some small problem for most of us it isn't a problem that stops them buying it
    11-08-2016 08:31 AM