Please all advice are welcomed. I have a MacBook Pro which has an HDD inside but I want to change it to an SSD. I'm new to this. How can I put in the new SSD and get exactly my OS installation that was on the HDD without missing any file
    I have boot camp installed anyway
    Any advice. Anyone ever tried this please help!!!
    10-31-2016 07:58 AM
    Please all advice are welcomed. I have a MacBook Pro which has an HDD inside but I want to change it to an SSD. I'm new to this. How can I put in the new SSD and get exactly my OS installation that was on the HDD without missing any file
    I have boot camp installed anyway
    Any advice. Anyone ever tried this please help!!!
    Hi

I did this with few Macbook and the best way to not missing any file is using software like Superduper or Carbon Copy.

When you buy the new SSD make sure to buy a cable USB to Sata with it (average price 9 euro) so you can copy your old HHD to your new one before to starting your installation.
    After cloning your HDD you can test your SSD and eventually boatload trough Usb before you start your installation so you will be sure that everything works fine.

The replacement is very easy and quick as well is worth all the money time and effort.

I hope that will help if you have any more question let me know and I'll see if I can help

GiuTec
    iBright likes this.
    10-31-2016 09:46 AM
    Hi

I did this with few Macbook and the best way to not missing any file is using software like Superduper or Carbon Copy.

When you buy the new SSD make sure to buy a cable USB to Sata with it (average price 9 euro) so you can copy your old HHD to your new one before to starting your installation.
    After cloning your HDD you can test your SSD and eventually boatload trough Usb before you start your installation so you will be sure that everything works fine.

The replacement is very easy and quick as well is worth all the money time and effort.

I hope that will help if you have any more question let me know and I'll see if I can help

GiuTec
    Thank I will try that.
    10-31-2016 06:35 PM
    I want to ask after using the super duper even my installation on the HDD will be on SSD or it just copies just the files from the old HDD?
    10-31-2016 06:38 PM
    You'll have an EXACT copy of the hard drive, i.e. a clone...

I want to ask after using the super duper even my installation on the HDD will be on SSD or it just copies just the files from the old HDD?
    11-01-2016 06:39 AM
    You'll have an EXACT copy of the hard drive, i.e. a clone...
    Thank you got it.
    11-01-2016 07:40 AM