Should I change my MacBook Pro 15 mid 2014 to new MacBook Pro?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If your current MacBook is satisfying your computing needs then stick with it. It's easy to get caught up in having the newest product, but after a short period of time, people often find that they should have kept what they had being that their computing habits didn't change.

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
You wanna upgrade? I would say don't do this. You will end up having the same experience you have on your 2015 MacBook Pro. Really, save money. But if you are really in need go and buy it.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I upgrade lots of things just because I want something new but not my MacBooks. They last for a long time and I don't feel there's a need to necessarily upgrade all the time. Now do I usually always want one? Absolutely, but I end up calming myself down and thinking on the logical side of things. Even with having the money I still don't think it's wise to upgrade something like that without really needing to. The $3-4K that you spend on a new MBP that you don't need could be invested or used for something else more important. IMO

samosIM

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
For budget reasons and practicality, for my consulting work (risk assessment, quantitative analysis) I upgrade no sooner than every 2 years. I find that, because I use my Retina MacBook Pro as a workhorse analytically (but hardly at all for email, document creation, messaging--iPad Pro & iPhone 7 Plus for this), an every 2 year cycle, or, even stretching to a 3rd year, assures that no hardware problems will plague me. The older system is handed down to my better half.

Last edited:

dionhan

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
If you have a job, education or hobby where you need more performance than the 2014 mid macbook pro I would buy it, otherwise not.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2