I've used the new MacBook Pros! Ask me anything!

wkelly24

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you feel Apple owes its community the vision of where they plan to take the Mac over the next 5 years? This new MBP makes a statement but does it really show a vision?

macboer

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Does the Control stirip in the Touchbar Autohide? This would be irritating.

What's the minimum amount of taps to control volume or screen brightness?

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Rene. Thank god I found this where I can ask you directly. Understand you're a busy man, so please, whenever.

Okay. Right now, I have a 2015 MacBook Air (non retina) I have a problem though. So I live out of my Mac, no TV everything I watch is from that 13" screen. Only problem is it's non retina. So I'm thinking about getting a Mac with retina but have come to a road with multiple forks. First I am a student learning coding so I'd like a Mac that will last several years. So can this MacBook Air handle the load I'm not even sure what it's max potential is to be honest but it would need to handle my current work load writing papers and basic basic coding but will I soon hit a wall when learning to code at a college level? If this Mac is fine to use, should I just get a monitor for it with better retina? Should I get a new Mac all together like a pro I feel like if I got a pro it would for sure handle anything and I wouldn't need a monitor because of the retina built in. Also last thing kinda silly, but I'd like my Mac to have the glowing logo. I love it and can't let go. This Mac would need the power to last for the next few years when that glowing logo is no longer being sold in store making it a retro look. Like I literally will keep this thing because of the glowing logo even when I need to buy another Mac anyway down the road. Kinda like how some people have Apple II laying around that they might play with though the do their work on a modern iMac.

That's where I'm at
Keep my Air, get a monitor
Get a whole new MacBook

Need to be able to handle future workload up to an understandable point
Have retina
Have the glowing logo

Thanks

Pedro DMartins

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello! I have a 2015 11' MBA. A don't use it to graphic work, justo office work. Do you think it is worth it to buy the new 13' MBP? Help me to choose the right model. Thanks. Pedro Martins

Alexnewguy

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Hey I don't know if you have any experience with PCs, but if you do; any idea how the sound from the speakers compares to a PC of the same price-point? And also for "pro" use how the experience overall compares?
Thanks!

Sicily1918

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Rene,

We received a few of the new 13" MBPs at an all-Apple shop I consult at. We're having major issues finding compatible DP displays. Monitors that work on 2015 (and prior) MBPs with DP (wide plug) and/or mDP (small plug) do NOT work with the new MBP + Apple TB3 to TB2 dongle (whether we're using the same cable that works with other Macs, using brand-new cables, and/or using another dongle). It's sad -- I plugged in a 2015 MBP and both monitors lit up (Dell U2715 UltraSharps) without any intervention. Plugging in the 2016 resulted in a "Hey, there's nothing plugged into me!" message. The only monitor we managed to make work (thus far) is an old Apple Display.

Have you had any luck with any specific monitor(s), or does anyone know what the specs are? Apple's site says it's DisplayPort compatible, but that's absolutely not the case, so now we're hesitant to ordering any displays in fear of them not being compatible.

Thanks!

TimHart

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Is the touch bar worth the extra investment? Or should I wait until the next generation? Are there bugs that still need to get worked out?

Suprimeau

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
There has been some discussion in regards to battery life issues with the MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. What's been you experience?

edkwan

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Besides from the battery life issue, there are another issue with large files backing up via Time Machine; my 13" MacBook Pro has been crashing and restarting ever since backing up with the 2TB LaCie Porsche usb-c external many times. I tried different ports, even Apple's own usb dongle, launching safe mode...still fail. The funny thing is, when restoring old backup from another 1TB external, everything went smoothly. There are 9 pages people have been talking about at MacRumors and 3 to 4 pages at Apple's own forum regarding the same issue. I didn't see anyone talking about this here at iMore and wonder how widespread the problem is.

edkwan

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
It's been reported that the upcoming 10.12.2 have solved the crash issue when backing up large files via Time Machine, hopefully this patch will be released before month end then all are good :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner