You only spent an hour, so not sure if you can really answer yet, but: is the larger version a burden to lug around? I remember when I got my first white MacBook. Carrying it and the power supply became a burden for anything over a couple hours. Is it light enough where you won't really notice it?
    It's more to lug around but Apple's done a lot to make it lighter. It'll never be less than the 13-inch, of course, but it's lighter than any 15-inch has been before.
    Breuklen likes this.
    11-01-2016 07:36 PM
    Do you think they'll bring the TouchBar to the Magic keyboard ?
    Most of the time my macbook pro is "docked" anyway...
    I think so! Apple can already do remote Touch ID from iPhone to authorize Safari on Mac, so doing it from Magic Keyboard to Mac seems possible.
    11-01-2016 07:37 PM
    That touch bar looks like it might be very useful for music production software like Pro Tools. Did you hear anything about this Rene?
    No, but Pro Tools has the same access to the API as all the other debs!
    11-01-2016 07:38 PM
    Are the keys individually lot like the MacBook keys?
    Yes sir!
    11-01-2016 07:38 PM
    What happens to the touch bar when dual booting Windows and/or Linux?
    TBD.
    11-01-2016 07:39 PM
    Will I be able to put permanent screen capture button on the Touch Bar since I can never seem to remember the shortcut keys? LOL.
    There's a screen shot button, far as I can recall!
    11-01-2016 07:39 PM
    How does the display on the 2016 Macbook Pro compare to the Retina Macbook Pro's?
    They're both Retina but the new one has DCI-P3 wide color gamut, which makes for better reds and greens, and better technology for deeper blacks. It's like the 5K iMac screen.
    jsarino likes this.
    11-01-2016 07:42 PM
    Can you give us some details of what functions the touch pad has?
    How customizable is it?
    It's basically a short cut and toolbar area. It's as customizable as the app developer allows.
    11-01-2016 07:43 PM
    He Rene, whats your impression of the weight and size of the 13 inch new MacBook Pro? It looks a lot smaller than the 13 inch MacBook Air.
    Feels about the same as the 13-inch MacBook Air to me!
    11-01-2016 07:43 PM
    Was looking forward to the new MacBook Pro and I still am. However, the starting price for the 13" model seems high at $1799.99. Thoughts?
    It's using a lot of state-of-the-art technology, including in the screen, in the Touch Bar, and in the storage. That drives up the price, short term.
    11-01-2016 07:45 PM
    Hey Rene, what are your thoughts on the touch bar? Do you feel like it's worth the extra $300? Also how do the speakers sound? I want to buy one for producing music so that's a big one for me.

Cheers,
    Jake
    11-01-2016 10:14 PM
    No, but Pro Tools has the same access to the API as all the other debs!
    That bodes really well then
    11-02-2016 05:41 PM
    Do you feel Apple owes its community the vision of where they plan to take the Mac over the next 5 years? This new MBP makes a statement but does it really show a vision?
    11-03-2016 09:19 AM
    Does the Control stirip in the Touchbar Autohide? This would be irritating.

What's the minimum amount of taps to control volume or screen brightness?
    11-04-2016 10:35 PM
    Rene. Thank god I found this where I can ask you directly. Understand you're a busy man, so please, whenever.

Okay. Right now, I have a 2015 MacBook Air (non retina) I have a problem though. So I live out of my Mac, no TV everything I watch is from that 13" screen. Only problem is it's non retina. So I'm thinking about getting a Mac with retina but have come to a road with multiple forks. First I am a student learning coding so I'd like a Mac that will last several years. So can this MacBook Air handle the load I'm not even sure what it's max potential is to be honest but it would need to handle my current work load writing papers and basic basic coding but will I soon hit a wall when learning to code at a college level? If this Mac is fine to use, should I just get a monitor for it with better retina? Should I get a new Mac all together like a pro I feel like if I got a pro it would for sure handle anything and I wouldn't need a monitor because of the retina built in. Also last thing kinda silly, but I'd like my Mac to have the glowing logo. I love it and can't let go. This Mac would need the power to last for the next few years when that glowing logo is no longer being sold in store making it a retro look. Like I literally will keep this thing because of the glowing logo even when I need to buy another Mac anyway down the road. Kinda like how some people have Apple II laying around that they might play with though the do their work on a modern iMac.

That's where I'm at
    Keep my Air, get a monitor
    Get a whole new MacBook

Need to be able to handle future workload up to an understandable point
    Have retina
    Have the glowing logo

Thanks
    11-05-2016 11:20 AM
    Hello! I have a 2015 11' MBA. A don't use it to graphic work, justo office work. Do you think it is worth it to buy the new 13' MBP? Help me to choose the right model. Thanks. Pedro Martins
    11-06-2016 10:55 AM
    Hello! I have a 2015 11' MBA. A don't use it to graphic work, justo office work. Do you think it is worth it to buy the new 13' MBP? Help me to choose the right model. Thanks. Pedro Martins
    Do you find the MBA can't keep up with what you do?
    11-11-2016 05:59 AM
    Hey I don't know if you have any experience with PCs, but if you do; any idea how the sound from the speakers compares to a PC of the same price-point? And also for "pro" use how the experience overall compares?
    Thanks!
    11-13-2016 05:19 AM
    Hi Rene,

Does the huge trackpad interfere with your hand/palm placement at all? Any accidental trackpad touches?
    11-13-2016 07:28 AM
    Rene,

We received a few of the new 13" MBPs at an all-Apple shop I consult at. We're having major issues finding compatible DP displays. Monitors that work on 2015 (and prior) MBPs with DP (wide plug) and/or mDP (small plug) do NOT work with the new MBP + Apple TB3 to TB2 dongle (whether we're using the same cable that works with other Macs, using brand-new cables, and/or using another dongle). It's sad -- I plugged in a 2015 MBP and both monitors lit up (Dell U2715 UltraSharps) without any intervention. Plugging in the 2016 resulted in a "Hey, there's nothing plugged into me!" message. The only monitor we managed to make work (thus far) is an old Apple Display.

Have you had any luck with any specific monitor(s), or does anyone know what the specs are? Apple's site says it's DisplayPort compatible, but that's absolutely not the case, so now we're hesitant to ordering any displays in fear of them not being compatible.

Thanks!
    11-15-2016 04:35 PM
    Do you think the Touch bar can be used in any music production app? How will its functionality be?
    11-16-2016 05:12 AM
    Can you still use the function keys when using app based games like NBA 2k17?
    11-18-2016 09:45 AM
    is the touchbar practical? does it help or hinder your experience? does the Macbook Pro feel portable?
    11-19-2016 10:38 AM
    Is the touch bar worth the extra investment? Or should I wait until the next generation? Are there bugs that still need to get worked out?
    11-19-2016 02:13 PM
    There has been some discussion in regards to battery life issues with the MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. What's been you experience?
    12-05-2016 10:38 AM
77 1234