Are you going to buy the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID?

Are you going to buy the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID?

• Yes

Votes: 41 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 13 18.1%

• Total voters

amzi160586

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
hmmm...it's strange - sometimes the right click is very obvious and other times it feels as if there is literally no feed back from the action of right clicking...the left is even worse - perhaps it needs to go back? any one else experiencing this?

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
Although it is a very hard decision and I need to think a lot bedore spending tousands of dollors, I will definitely buy MBP 2016 with Touch Bar.

For me, Touch Bar is very helpful in my routine, daily tasks and Touch ID will help me login to my Mac as fast as possible. Thunderbolt 3 ports are no problem for me. Now I have a MBP 2013 512 GB i5 4GB RAM (very slow at the time of writing) and a MacBook 2016 256GB Core m 8GB RAM (not as much powerful to handle a lot of VMs which I need to work with), so MBP 2016 are great for me to use.

angusmatheson

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I just got one. I use it for dictation. And an added bonus the microphones is awesome. I might be able to dictate without an external USB microphone!!! Totally awesome.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I have had the base model 13" NTB for 7 weeks, just sold it, found it laggy and buggy, my wife's 2013 base model is smoother.

anon(8910885)

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I bought one but returned it. Couldn't take the price (almost $4000 CAD) for the 15in model: a nice size compared to my current 13in macbook air; 512gb ssd: seems the right amount of size for a powerful laptop. I feel given the price, the bugs in the touchbar (after just 1 day playing around, notice it's black out on me already) and the poor battery life (intensive tasks drive the battery down faster due to a smaller size battery) are huge compromises. I need it as my daily driver and for bootcamp mode, both of which don't offer me a great battery life.

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Coming to this party late. I will more than likely now wait for the 2017 MBP 15. I write and the bigger screen on the 15 appeals to me. Plus, it is not too heavy and well it is a 15" screen in the footprint of a !4'. Would like to now do some photo and video work. I am looking forward to purchasing a new MacBook Pro. Since mine is now 7 years old. Still works fine.

Hup55

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I picked up my new MacBook Pro 15" last Thursday, I absolutely love this thing. Battery isn't bad as everyone has reported. Love the touch bar. This is my first MacBook. I was still using my 12 year old iMac, but wasn't able to handle video editing for my drone videos. Loving the Final Cut Pro editing software as well.

david818

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
would 8 gb of ram be enough for daily use? Surfing the web, youtube, and a word document here and there. i want to replace my desktop i would like it to last at least 6 years.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
A thought came up to me this morning. And now I'm deciding whether to upgrade my Late 2013 rMBP to the new Touch Bar model... or I should just get the iPhone 8

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm still pushing my 7 plus. Spent almost $2850 on the 2017 15" MacBook Pro. I have no money for a new iPhone this year. Even with At&t next. Still trying to come up with the $380 for AppleCare.