Are you going to buy the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID?

Are you going to buy the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID?

• Yes

Votes: 41 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 13 18.1%

• Total voters

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I'll wait to see if I win one. Not sure about this touch track thing. Looks a little funky. Didn't realize this was something people needed, but I could be wrong.....
Sometimes the need is simply created with the birth of a new feature... Nah, it's not needed at all

olearydan

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Yes I will be buying a new MacBook Pro, 15". I will however wait until about the middle of next year for it though because my current MacBook Air is still sufficient for what I'm working on this year.

iBill 100

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting for the new MacBook Pro 15 for a while. Now that its here, I do not see anything compelling enough for me to upgrade. I have a rMBP 15" late 2013 model and it will last for another year. The touch bar looks ok, but I use an Apple wireless keyboard most of the time. I don't see the wireless keyboard with a touch bar!

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2010 15" macbook pro. I skipped the retina version because my computer was still fine.
the 2016 brought a lot of the things I wanted, individually lit keys, metal hinge, a darker color and the 15 inch weight is down to just 4lbs (mine is currently 5.6lbs!!) thinner bezels and usb c/thunderbolt 3.
I am waiting for reviews for finalize the build I want but I am currently looking at a base 15 inch with 512gb and radeon pro 460 which comes to 2609 before tax with the student discount.

Altergeist

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I've got a 2012 15" rMBP, and I love it. It's currently going strong so I can't imagine I'll be replacing it with a new model soon, especially not since they've removed most of the ports I use daily! I'm not happy about only having USB-C on the new model - I'm a musician, producer and animator, and find I carry enough adapters and cabling around as it is to record bands and perform, I really don't want to carry more, nor can I afford to replace all of my audio peripherals, as much as a thunderbolt recording interface is tempting. Also, losing the magsafe connection was a foolish decision - bordering on contemptuous of their users - it's saved my Mac more times than I can count and is easily one of the best design features of the macbook. Knowing Apple, that's exactly the point though eh!? Probably realised they could be milking pro users even more if they were only knocking their macbooks off more tables and damaging more cables. As much as I want more graphics power and processing power, the connectivity on my 2012 rMBP absolutely destroys that available on this new model, both in terms of flexibility and number of connections at any given time. So no new macbook for me, at least not soon, or if Im paying for it!

That said, I'm extremely keen to try one and play with the touchbar, and I wouldn't turn my nose up if someone gave me one! The extra performance will be probably be enough to tempt me in the end, once more of my setup has migrated to thunderbolt, and it is, as always, an utterly beautiful bit of kit.

Edit: Who am I kidding!? I've just looked at the differences in memory read/write speed, processor and graphics performance vs my mid 2012 rMBP, and the new one will prove to be miles faster than my 2012 model. OK, I definitely want it, but I can't afford it right now.

Last edited:

astegmaier

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I think the new Macbook Pro has revamped a lot of things, like image quality, weight, and sound. Especially with the new touchbar I think this is the biggest change we've seen in Mac's laptops for a long time! Price is a little steep, but I'd be willing to get one in a couple years when my current one can't function anymore

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
My current MBP is working great. In future will upgrade the disk space and likely get 2 more productive years from it. The Win laptop I paid a lot less for this year already feels weak and a total waste of money compared to the higher price I paid for the MBP is really providing a great experience.