iPhone pics/cal on Mac Pro

CrownIsle

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey yall

I just got my first lap top due to getting a new job I'll have to travel for (but have had my iMac for years and years and years)

I noticed last night that my pics/videos and calander events show on my Mac Pro- without my even doing anything.

What is thee exact reason that my iPhone 7 plus automatically shows everything on my laptop? Is there an easy way to toggle that option on and off as desired?

Thanks very much

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
That's weird. I have photos from my iPhone 6s on one of my MacBook Pros (I have 2), but that's only because I've connected my phone to the computer and imported them on it. Not sure why everything would automatically be up there on your MBP if you never connected your iPhone to it - unless you have the Photo Stream feature enabled (I think).

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Isn't there an option on the iPhone in the iCloud section to keep everything sync on all devices using the same Apple ID/iCloud account?

CrownIsle

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Isn't there an option on the iPhone in the iCloud section to keep everything sync on all devices using the same Apple ID/iCloud account?

To be frank- I do not recall if I had seen the images there prior to connecting my phone to back it up one time on the new laptop.

Regardless- I never have pressed an option for images to be imported into photos or iPhoto - so it's odd that I saw images from my phone on there without my wanting anything to be on my laptop. Would you know all the options I would need to tend to and tick in order for NONE of my images and video to go on my laptop? I have unticked everything in my iCloud setting tabs.

I'm actually returning my laptop but will be getting another new one.

On a side note- it also seems that the websites on my phone are in my HISTORY on my laptop- what may be the reason for that and can I stop it from happening?

I bloodily don't want anything on my phone put onto my laptop unless I actually "do it" .

Thank you guys for all your insight

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices