MBP won't boot...pls help [VIDEO]
Hi, I'm having serious troubles to figure out what's wrong with a mid-2012 13" MBP.
Basically upon turning it on, it shuts down a bit short after the progress bar with the apple logo appears. Pls refer to this video:
I've tried all this and always see the same behaviour:
- Resetting PRAM & SMC
- Swapping RAM with that of another working Macbook
- Swaping the hard drive with that of another working laptop
- Booting in safe mode (command S)
- Booting with a USB drive with a bootable image of OS Sierra
I ran the onboard diagnostics (command D) and came up with no hardware errors.
I don't know what else to try.
Input greatly appreciated...
- 11-01-2016, 03:12 PM #2iMore Newbie
- 21 Posts
Re: MBP won't boot...pls help [VIDEO]
So I left the computer under the sun and managed to get it to work like before... with one exception: the power button: it does not respond at all. I replaced the keyboard with a brand new (the power button is attached to it with a ribbon) but still no dice... same issue
- 12-13-2016, 01:53 AM #4
- By squill in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 10-18-2016, 06:02 PM
- By Evilguppy in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 5Last Post: 10-18-2016, 01:42 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-17-2016, 02:56 PM
- By Shyuura in forum iPhoneReplies: 5Last Post: 10-17-2016, 02:34 PM
- By TwitchyPuppy in forum MacBook ProReplies: 3Last Post: 10-17-2016, 10:23 AM