Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default What kind of external monitors are you using for your Macbook Pro's with Retina Display?

Just starting to work on my "perfect" set up for my computer area. I've recently purchased a Macbook Pro with Retina display. My Hedge (I think that's spelled right) dock is on the way and I'm planning on an external display for office use. I purchased the Seiki Pro 28 inch 4k Monitor. Mostly because it had good reviews on Amazon and was 100 dollars off (I'll post the link)

Then it made me think.... Is there something I should be thinking about for external monitors? Do some work better or worse with Retina displays?

If you can, let me know your thoughts, what you are using and any tips issues or things I need to think about. If I bought a disaster, let me know... I always have an option to return to amazon.

Thanks. Happy Labor Day!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mUvbUpU2798634

Default re:

I don't have a MBP, but I currently use an old LiquidVideo brand monitor for my early 2009 model MacBook.
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,619 Global Posts

Default Re: What kind of external monitors are you using for your Macbook Pro's with Retina Display?

I have an iMac with 5K display.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

Default Re: What kind of external monitors are you using for your Macbook Pro's with Retina Display?

I use the Apple Thunderbolt Display with my 2015 13" rMBP. I know it's officially dead, but I still love it!