Should I buy a MacBook Pro or should I wait for the new ones?

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I really need a MacBook Pro but should I wait for the new one or should I buy the current model available?
When the new MacBook is going to be released?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The newer MacBooks will probably be introduced this coming fall. Still, if you're in need of a new MacBook Pro, grab one of the current models now. I doubt the next models will be all that.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Just. There is always going to be something better down the line. If you need it now, get it. I'd be really surprised if the Pro line saw some super important game changing feature that you just had to have this fall.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
If you need the device, the best answer is always to buy now. If you don't need the device, the answer is always to wait. Plain and simple. I know that's not always the answer you want to hear, but the current model will be obsolete soon and the model that follows it will do the same and on and on we go in this thing of ours.

My $0.02, get the current one. You'll be just fine.

P_Devil

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
You can find them for low prices now, probably in anticipation of the newer models coming out. Best Buy has them for $150 off and students can get an additional $150 off (last time I checked). The CPUs in the current MBPs still aren't bad. Apple went with full voltage models instead of the new generation ULV CPUs like what everyone else used. That means that the 2105 MBPs can still compete with current-gen notebooks when it comes to CPU power. That and the SSD in the MBPs is still lightning fast, faster than what is included from other OEMs. Then there's also battery life. The 13" MBP can go for 12+ hours when watching movies through iTunes. The only current generation Wintel system that can even compete with that is the Surface Book and it's coming in at $150-$200 higher than the MBP.

So it wouldn't be too bad to get a model now. I know I would make do with what I had until the new models came out but that's just me, I like having the latest tech. Most people though, they would be fine with a current MBP and it would likely last them for years.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I would wait for the new models. They're only a few more months off at the most and from the way it sounds they will be thinner, faster, have USB-C, OLED Touch Panel and Touch ID. Along with upgraded Intel processors and what not. To me that is definiately worth the wait.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I would recommend waiting. It should have much better specs with updated hardware. But that's me, I always want the lasted and greatest

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I would recommend waiting. It should have much better specs with updated hardware. But that's me, I always want the lasted and greatest

Because 6th or 7th gen intel cpu's are that much better..... If you need a laptop go buy a 2015 model on sale. I would rather save say $300 on a 2015 model than get a 2017 model ( Maybe 2016)

remydcarts

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I would wait if at all possible. The new ones should be coming this fall. MacBooks *really* last a long time...I'm typing on a Pro from 2009 right now. It still works perfectly fine, but it's relatively slow. I'll be buying a new one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2