Running Emulator (Android, BlueStacks) on MBP 2011 with SSD : Advice & user opinons

BD_BB_8520

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

I wanted some advice & user opinions on using an emulator on my MBP 2011, i5 with SSD. I would like the option of running Android apps & games from my MBP, but I will not try if people have had negative experiences using emulators.

Thanks in advance for the replies :)

BD_BB_8520

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your reply John Yester.

I downloaded BlueStacks but was unable to get it to work. I uninstalled and now have installed Andy. It seems to be working fine, but I have yet to download any Android apps from it.

BD_BB_8520

May 10, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE : Successfully running Andy. No problems so far.

I'm a light user, just wanted to have the option to run Android. Basically use WhatsApp and try out new games on there.

I wanted to ask the Forum : should I 'partition' the drive? I read something online about creating a 'virtual disk' for things like emulators etc.

Not really sure if I need to do this. Any advice?

Thanks in Advance for the replies.

Peace :)

dionhan

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I use a google chrome extension called ARC Welder. You can download apk files and insert them into ARC Welder. The apps will then run. You can choose if you want it in portrait or landscape mode. It is still a little buggy but if you want to use it for easy apps it will work. When a app launches you can even put it permanent in the dock.