How do I remove malware from my MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
My MacBook Pro is early 2006 which means the OS is permanently stuck with OS X version 10.6.8. Only Macs made in mid to late 2006 and later can be upgraded to newer versions of OS X. Since I have malware of some kind that was installed during a Minecraft installation by my son my Mac barely functions without freezing and has to be shut down and restarted very frequently and is extremely slow when it does simple tasks like opening and closing folders. How do I find the issue and remove the malware
- 07-10-2016, 12:55 PM #2
- 4,120 Posts
Re: How do I remove malware from my MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
Welcome to iMore!
Malwarebytes is the most recommended software for just this problem. Download, scan your computer and it does all the work for you. Then I would not allow my son to download anything without my approval. I do this with my own sons.
- By iMore Question in forum iOS 10Replies: 6Last Post: 07-12-2016, 08:07 AM
- By samsezcool in forum MacBook ProReplies: 3Last Post: 07-11-2016, 06:47 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-10-2016, 09:51 AM
- By Prakhar Mohan1 in forum Game CenterReplies: 2Last Post: 07-10-2016, 04:16 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-10-2016, 12:22 AM