Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By taz323
  • 1 Post By AS328
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default Macbook 15" OR 13"

Hi All,

After 2 months of research, I am still stuck up with my same doubt. Should i go for Macbook 15" or 13"
    My normal activities include
    1. Adobe Photoshop.
    2. Light room.
    3. Occasional movie editing

And i dont have a desktop. So probably this will be my all in one laptop and Mobility is not a problem for me.

Default Re: Macbook 15" OR 13"

Welcome to iMore, this link may be of some help to you:
    Mac Buyers Guide | iMore
    firedept10 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

For the most part, it's a personal preference choice that you're facing. I do a lot of the same things with my rMBP 13" and I don't have any issues. Reason why I went with the 13" instead of the 15" was mainly cost. I didn't see the necessity of having a 2" bigger screen for an extra couple hundred bucks (if I remember correctly)

If I were to buy a new MacBook Pro right now, I personally would stick with the 13" screen and upgrade some of the internals in it (more RAM, more storage space, etc.) so essentially I would be spending about the same on a 13" as the 15" BUT, the 13" would have better internals. To me, the speed and storage is more important than 2" more of screen real estate.

Hope this helps you make your decision!
    BD_BB_8520 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by samsezcool View Post
    Hi All,

After 2 months of research, I am still stuck up with my same doubt. Should i go for Macbook 15" or 13"
    My normal activities include
    1. Adobe Photoshop.
    2. Light room.
    3. Occasional movie editing

And i dont have a desktop. So probably this will be my all in one laptop and Mobility is not a problem for me.
    I'm also using Ps and Lr, but mainly Lr and also do occasional photo editing instead. Honestly if you want to go further, the 15" is better for these. I'm using the current one with AMD Radeon M370X and it's awesome, making editing a breeze.