Mid2012 MBP does not start
I have a weird situation with my beloved MBP. Recently the original hard drive failed ( the laptop couldn't boot for a long time and then a folder icon with a question mark was appearing) . The disk utility didn't recognize the drive and I exchanged it with a brand new ssd drive. It booted to recovery mode recognized the drive and started the os installation. Then in the first restart it showed me that dreadful folder icon again. Went to recovery mode recognized the drive and started installing again .
Now it is not recognizing the drive 2 from 3 restarts and os not installed yet.
Need your help with this urgently. Appreciate any information or advice.
- 06-27-2016, 08:06 PM #3
Re: Mid2012 MBP does not start
The best advice I can give you is to take it to an Apple authorized repair shop or the Apple Store. I had a logic board issue on my 2012 MBP & took it up there last year and they replaced it for free. There was a known issue. I think the Apple Store should have been your first option to find out exactly what was wrong with it & at least get an estimate on the cost. Not sure if they will still do a free repair, since you altered it.
- 06-28-2016, 07:57 PM #5
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 06-25-2016, 02:52 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-25-2016, 11:00 AM
- By dfb8085 in forum iOS 9Replies: 3Last Post: 06-25-2016, 09:37 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-24-2016, 09:04 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-24-2016, 09:00 AM