Picked up a new MacBook Pro yesterday
I had bought a used one off Kijiji about 8 months ago - a 2011 model - and threw a SSD and RAM in it to see how I would like the world of Mac. I loved it, and had started looking at getting a new model (I was actually looking at MacBook Air because the 2011 was so freaking HEAVY). I was kinda waiting a bit because of the new models coming out but the loss of the standard ports and all USB C was putting me off. So flash forward to yesterday and Staples did a flash sale where I scored a late 2015 model Pro with a 128GB SSD and 8GB RAM for the same price as a MacBook Air or a refurbished model of the same Pro from Apple and I couldn't resist. Loving the Force Touch and the display is AMAZING (I was okay with the display on the old one but man do you see the difference once using a Retina).
Since I upgraded the one I had and it still works a treat (SuperDrive is perfect and everything) I'm throwing it on Kijiji to offset the cost of this but the deal was too good to pass up. Not regretting it in the least. I'm looking at knee replacement surgery in under a month so I wanted something to play with in my downtime anyway. Heh.
Guess it's official - I'm all in on Apple now (looks at iPod, Apple Watch, 6S Plus and iPad Air 2)...
- 06-19-2016, 12:23 PM #2
- By CrackOne in forum iPad Pro (9.7-inch)Replies: 7Last Post: 07-13-2016, 07:36 AM
- By iMore Question in forum MacBook AirReplies: 4Last Post: 06-22-2016, 09:18 AM
- By OZsMac in forum iOS 10Replies: 4Last Post: 06-20-2016, 12:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iTunesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-19-2016, 10:02 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-18-2016, 11:40 AM