VMWare on MacBook Pro

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Afternoon\Evening all,

Are you running VMWare on a MacBook Pro? If so, is it a good experience?
Also, are you running your MacBook with 4GB or 8GB memory?

Alternative, is there another application I should use, when I need to 'browse' into Windows?

Thanks in advance

appolusionist

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I am using VMware Fusion running a test environment with two Domain Controllers, and domain member server, and Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 (one each) without missing a beat. I have the i7 15" MBP mid 2014 16GB and I give the test environment half the memory and cpu and have no complaints with performance on either the Mac or Windows side. An alternative could be if you have a spare machine connected online by using rdp (if in the same location) or teamviewer (if the Windows machine is elsewhere), but of course this depends if you have connectivity yourself.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I am using VMware Fusion running a test environment with two Domain Controllers, and domain member server, and Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 (one each) without missing a beat. I have the i7 15" MBP mid 2014 16GB and I give the test environment half the memory and cpu and have no complaints with performance on either the Mac or Windows side. An alternative could be if you have a spare machine connected online by using rdp (if in the same location) or teamviewer (if the Windows machine is elsewhere), but of course this depends if you have connectivity yourself.

This is a good use case and example. If you want to move those VMs from your local dev/test environment into a vSphere infrastructure, I think it should be relatively straight forward.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2