Wait for 2016 MacBooks or settle for current generation??

kevington920

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, I am new to the forums. I am considering purchasing a new MacBook Pro in the next few weeks. I will mostly use the MacBook for programming as I am taking classes on the subject(right now I have a 2011 MBP). I wanted to know if I should go ahead and purchase the current MacBook Pro or wait until the new models are released. Also based on your experiences, how much space should I purchase? I am leaning towards 512gb because I feel 128gb is way to low. Thanks everyone in advanced.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Wait for the new MBP, rumors says that they're making it even thinner. Skylake will also increase the battery life apparently.

Storage wise, go for the 512gb. 128gb will run out quickly.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Honestly of you need one get one. No point in waiting imo. The only differences will be port selection maybe, upgraded cpu generation wise, perhaps DDR4 ram, and maybe a redesign or perhaps not. This new Macbook wouldn't make last year's worse and if you can find a good deal on a 2015 model I would say go for it unless you really want the newest one. Performance wise you might get negligible increases in power with slightly better battery life which is already great. I got my Macbook Pro in January and I would of done it again in a heartbeat if I knew one was coming out in March like it was rumored to be.

anon(767240)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I just got the 2015 mbp a few days ago. I needed it immediately so I can't wait for the 2016 model to come out. so if you need one NOW, then go get one. if not and you can wait, then the 2016 should be the better choice.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I just got the 2015 mbp a few days ago. I needed it immediately so I can't wait for the 2016 model to come out. so if you need one NOW, then go get one. if not and you can wait, then the 2016 should be the better choice.

I wouldn't call it "better".....DDR4 RAM and the upgrade cpu won't matter that much depending on your needs. For me my Macbook is overkill since I just need this for school and note taking basically

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I don't foresee huge performance improvements, I think the state of the chipsets are such they'll be plenty fast. The addition of TB3 and a maybe a better GPU and maybe better battery life are what we can look forward too.

As the old adage goes, if you can wait, then wait. WWDC is just a couple of months away and that's when people expect Apple to rollout the new MBPs

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't foresee huge performance improvements, I think the state of the chipsets are such they'll be plenty fast. The addition of TB3 and a maybe a better GPU and maybe better battery life are what we can look forward too.

As the old adage goes, if you can wait, then wait. WWDC is just a couple of months away and that's when people expect Apple to rollout the new MBPs

Skylake is a big improvement over haswell which is in the 15 inch. Better performance with lower power consumption

JebaQpt

Banned
Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Featuring an all-metal unibody enclosure, MacBook is now available in four aluminum finishes — gold, silver, space gray, and for the first time on a Mac, rose gold.
The updated MacBook features sixth-generation dual-core Intel Core M processors up to 1.3 GHz, with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.1 GHz, and faster 1866 MHz memory.
Watch this also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJt297tgeV0

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Featuring an all-metal unibody enclosure, MacBook is now available in four aluminum finishes ? gold, silver, space gray, and for the first time on a Mac, rose gold.
The updated MacBook features sixth-generation dual-core Intel Core M processors up to 1.3 GHz, with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.1 GHz, and faster 1866 MHz memory.
Watch this also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJt297tgeV0

Your advice to the OP would be.....?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2