- iMore Nanite
- 8 Posts
Wifi Periodically Disconnects
I am looking for some assistance. Wife has a new 13in MBP and about 10 times a day it seems to disconnect completely from the wifi network at home and lose network connectivity for up to 5 minutes. Typically we have to turn wifi off and on again to restore. Multiple other computers and iPhones have no issues on the network including a 2011 15in MBP.
Any ideas? I added a new location and changed MTU but still seems to suffer the outages.
- 03-14-2016, 02:46 PM #2
- 03-14-2016, 03:02 PM #3
Re: Wifi Periodically Disconnects
I've had that issue on my 2012 13" MBP. What I did turn wifi off on the MBP. (Also turn off the wifi on all the other devices in your home off.) Unplug your router for about 30 seconds. When the router is fully booted up again, turn the wifi on your wife's MBP first and let it connect before reconnecting any other devices to your network. I did this and it worked for me. Also make sure your wife's MBP has the latest software updates.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-25-2016, 07:48 AM
- By dobe3man in forum OS X Yosemite (10.10)Replies: 7Last Post: 03-24-2016, 12:23 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-12-2016, 12:19 PM
- By VivaTerlingua in forum iPad Pro (12.9-inch)Replies: 3Last Post: 03-08-2016, 07:41 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 03-07-2016, 01:04 PM