MacBook Pro hardware upgrade
I have a mid-2010 MacBook Pro 13" of which I have upgraded the RAM to 8GB as well as the hard drive to a SSD (Patriot Ignite, approx 1TB). I used Carbon Copy to clone my hard drive and with the SSD attached via USB, it boots just fine. However, when I install into the drive bay of the computer, it will not boot. The Apple screen appears and the progress bar shows progression, and once the progress bar fills in, nothing else happens.
Research has told me that the internal SATA could be bad, so I replaced that with no issues, but the SSD still does not boot.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
- Best AnswerFeb 03 2016 | 8:36 am EST
If it were me, I'd make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and talk to the installation techs about it.
- 02-03-2016, 08:36 AM #2
- By ivantwilliams in forum iPad Pro (12.9-inch)Replies: 13Last Post: 03-11-2016, 06:36 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 2Last Post: 02-03-2016, 05:09 PM
- By iMore Question in forum MacBook AirReplies: 3Last Post: 02-02-2016, 01:12 PM
- By kilofoxtrot in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 1Last Post: 02-02-2016, 11:26 AM
- By iMore Question in forum MacBook ProReplies: 1Last Post: 02-01-2016, 04:31 PM