- iMore Newbie
- 11 Posts
Problems with using Mail
Recently got a MBP Retina 13 inch.
I've had an iPhone for a little over a year. My primary email address is Hotmail, so I used that as my Apple ID.
Now, in the mail app on my MBP, I could configure my Gmail address, but my Hotmail ID just won't register.
Could it be because it's also my Apple ID?
I tried to add it and it asked me to create an iCloud email address which I did. (in the details for my iCould account, it shows my Hotmail address).
This is my first MacBook, so I'm lost.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
- 01-24-2016, 11:20 AM #2
- 38,470 Posts
Re: Problems with using Mail
It shouldn't matter that your hotmail email address is also your Apple ID. Having said that, you should have an outlook.com address associated with Hotmail, being that it replaced Hotmail. Try using it instead or try configuring your Hotmail account via the outlook.com mail setup on your MacBook Pro.
- By BobR1908 in forum iPad Air 2Replies: 6Last Post: 01-25-2016, 12:10 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-24-2016, 09:42 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Game CenterReplies: 1Last Post: 01-24-2016, 06:54 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-24-2016, 01:04 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 1Last Post: 01-23-2016, 07:25 PM