- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
MacBook Pro buying advice
Hey guys so this will be my first Mac, I'm thinking about getting the 13 inch with 256 gb and 16gb RAM or the lower end 15 inch. I'm mainly getting my laptop to get a JDK and write some Java programs with Eclipse.
I'm also interested in maybe getting games like Civ V or one of the older command and conquer games. I'd really rather not have any speed issues which is why I think I should probably get the 15 inch so I get the quad core processor.
I'll also be looking to stream movies and shows and things like that as well.
I don't want to spend too much if it's not really necessary. Any input would be greatly appreciated, also some input on whether I should upgrade the GHz as well would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
- 01-22-2016, 09:30 PM #2
Re: MacBook Pro buying advice
A quad core cpu is useless for gaming. You rather have a dual core clocked higher than quad core. Most games will utilize only 2 cores at most. I would go with the 15 inch base model because of the iris pro graphics but I don't think it's enough of a difference to matter. Honestly I would go with former factor being you want it more portable or screen real estate
- 01-30-2016, 08:05 AM #4
- By tvmaster2 in forum Apple TVReplies: 3Last Post: 02-12-2016, 10:25 AM
- By 05GT in forum iPad Pro (12.9-inch)Replies: 4Last Post: 01-23-2016, 10:53 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-22-2016, 07:36 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-21-2016, 09:03 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-21-2016, 07:30 PM