Why is my MacBook Pro (el Capitan) hanging while restarting?
When I restart, all I get is the screen with the Apple logo and the progress bar -- but the progress bar never shows any progress. I've held the power button down for a re-start, but that gets the same result. I don't even get to the password screen.
(Please don't tell me to go into safe mode; that is not an option until the OS boots.)
- 11-08-2015, 08:07 PM #2iMore Pro
- 741 Posts
Re: Why is my MacBook Pro (el Capitan) hanging while restarting?
I have held off on El Capitan due to issues with NAS devices not showing up in the finder and losing connections (iTunes library is on my 16TB NAS). I can say I have had what you describe on my MBP with Yosemite and sometimes I have to unplug my USB hub that is connected for it to fully boot up without delay. It was a fresh install.
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 1Last Post: 11-09-2015, 06:11 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 1Last Post: 11-08-2015, 08:08 PM
- By jnew619 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 11-08-2015, 07:50 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad Air 2Replies: 1Last Post: 11-08-2015, 05:55 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 11-08-2015, 04:36 PM