Any downsides to installing OS X Server?
I was considering installing OS X Server on my personal 2014 rMBP; partly because I like to explore new software, and partly to see if it might be useful at my office.
Are there any downsides to doing so? Has anyone here installed it on their personal Mac?
- 10-02-2015, 08:37 AM #2
- 10-02-2015, 09:25 AM #3
Re: Any downsides to installing OS X Server?
I originally thought it *replaced* the standard OS X, kinda like how Windows works - which is why I was a little concerned about installing it. But it's apparently just another app that gets installed, so no worries
I've been looking for a simple way to share files in my office, and OS X Server seems promising. I'm using an ordinary Windows PC (not Server) now, which works great except it has a hardcoded 20 user limit; and Windows Server seems overkill for what little we do.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 19Last Post: 09-22-2016, 10:51 PM
- By Hansana in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 12Last Post: 10-03-2015, 06:46 AM
- By Rafagon in forum OS X El Capitan (10.11)Replies: 0Last Post: 09-30-2015, 08:44 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 09-30-2015, 07:41 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-30-2015, 07:15 PM