MacPro1,1 cpu upgrade
Am exploring a MacPro1,1 cpu upgrade to be able to run the current 64-bit OS version. Have graphics via ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB. I have been using a software work around to run OS 10.9.5, but this hack does not seem to be available for any later OS versions. What are the options for replacing the dual core Xeon chips? No budget for new hardware. Am hoping cpu refresh will get the job done.
- 08-29-2015, 07:48 PM #2
- By CrazyJay17 in forum iOS 9Replies: 77Last Post: 09-13-2015, 11:31 PM
- By iMore Question in forum MacBook ProReplies: 8Last Post: 09-13-2015, 09:48 PM
- By John Yester in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 13Last Post: 09-10-2015, 07:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2015, 08:42 PM
- By kattz62 in forum Windows, Linux & Others on the MacReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2015, 03:58 PM