- iMore Nanite
- 6 Posts
How do I only store files in the cloud without local backups?
I used to have Windows and I had it setup where all of my files were stored on One Drive and I could open them on my computer and then when I was done they would save directly back to One Drive never leaving a local copy on my hard drive. The whole goal was to keep my hard drive empty of certain files. I loved it. I came to Mac and love the computer with the exception that I can't seem to get this to work. iCloud is unable to do this. All of my photos, videos, and more importantly files are stored in 2 locations (my Mac and my iCloud). I don't want that. I'm not looking for 2 copies. I only want them stored in the cloud. I tried downloading One Drive to my mac and it won't allow it either.
Any ideas on how to accomplish this?
- 08-03-2015, 08:44 AM #2
- 09-02-2015, 07:20 AM #3iMore Newbie
- 15 Posts
Re: How do I only store files in the cloud without local backups?
I have iCloud Drive enabled and it allows me to put files in there like any other cloud storage. It works best with a iOS or Mac because it will automatically save the file in cloud while you are using it without having to save it locally. My experience at least. I had to save things locally while I was on windows 8.1 at school and then use my browser to upload it every time. But while viewing and adding notes to power point slides from my iPhone, it automatically saved what I had done.
- By GregFisher33 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 11-05-2015, 12:07 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 2Last Post: 08-03-2015, 07:47 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-02-2015, 11:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-02-2015, 09:47 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-02-2015, 09:26 PM