Proud owners

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Some of you may know that since moving to the USA, I have been relying on an elderly and now defunct iPad 2 for all my internet needs. Well, I am now the proud owner of a 2010 MacBook Pro 13" with 8gb RAM, 750Gb HDD and running at 2.26Ghz. It has absolutely no dings or scratches on it at all and cost me $200, so I'm pretty happy. Now I have a computer, and once I work out exactly how a MacBook differs from a windows-based computer, I shall connect my iPad up and try a backup/restore to see if I can fix it.

The last MacBook I used was well over ten years ago as I've been ensconced firmly in the Windows world on my desktop since forever.

This is a voyage of discovery for me now but I am considering removing the DVD drive, putting the 750Gb HDD in that spot and getting a 256Gb SSD to use as my root drive.

That's it really, just sharing my happiness at now being further entrenched in the Apple OS family.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Outstanding! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance or advice with regard to your MacBook. Congratulations, by the way...:)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Some of you may know that since moving to the USA, I have been relying on an elderly and now defunct iPad 2 for all my internet needs. Well, I am now the proud owner of a 2010 MacBook Pro 13" with 8gb RAM, 750Gb HDD and running at 2.26Ghz. It has absolutely no dings or scratches on it at all and cost me $200, so I'm pretty happy. Now I have a computer, and once I work out exactly how a MacBook differs from a windows-based computer, I shall connect my iPad up and try a backup/restore to see if I can fix it.

The last MacBook I used was well over ten years ago as I've been ensconced firmly in the Windows world on my desktop since forever.

This is a voyage of discovery for me now but I am considering removing the DVD drive, putting the 750Gb HDD in that spot and getting a 256Gb SSD to use as my root drive.

That's it really, just sharing my happiness at now being further entrenched in the Apple OS family.

Congrats! Just let us know if we can help with any issues or questions. And welcome to the party!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks folks. I'm getting to grips with it slowly but surely.

I've spent the morning frantically wondering why I couldn't add email accounts to the inbuilt Mail app and Outlook (the whole Microsoft suite was pre installed on the mac). I've been sweating and cursing like a trooper only to find that TWC has an outage in SoCal (I shouldn't have been surprised, they are as unreliable as most British train operators).

I then spent ages wondering why I couldn't get the Firefox session restore to work when I clicked the red close button, only to find out that this 'feature' is 'working as intended'... erm... completely negates the usefulness of session restore there folks.

Apart from those things, which aren't all unique to the Mac, everything else is pretty intuitive really.

I really look forward to replacing the HDD root drive with an SSD and, down the line when funds allow, possibly upgrading to the latest MacBook Pro.

This is the first laptop i've owned which isn't a purebred PC hardcore Gaming laptop and I couldn't be happier.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro