- iMore Elite
- 2,329 Posts
Which is more practical for BootCamp: external drive or thumb drive?
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.
I have a MacBook Pro, and i've read the instructions on how to partition the hard drive. The Windows 7 support software, can be downloaded on to an external hard drive or a thumb drive(i have a 32gb one). My question is: Which would be more practical? My hard drive is plugged into the Mac, while i'm home. If i'm on the road, and i need to use the "windows side", would i have to keep the thumb drive plugged in? Maybe the thumb drive would be a better choice all around. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
- 06-25-2015, 11:05 AM #2
- 06-25-2015, 01:12 PM #4
- By iMore Question in forum Mac ProReplies: 1Last Post: 06-09-2015, 09:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-06-2015, 05:50 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 04-26-2015, 12:19 PM
- By Strings78 in forum Windows, Linux & Others on the MacReplies: 1Last Post: 04-03-2015, 01:06 PM
- By packcubsnd in forum OS X Yosemite (10.10)Replies: 1Last Post: 02-08-2015, 10:59 PM