Restore from Time Machine on to an cloned SSD
I cloned a new ssd purchased from Crucial (Micron) and installed it in a MacBook Pro (2010 vintage) running on Yosemite 10.2.2. Almost everything works as before. The exceptions seem to be programs that run in Java such as ThinkorSwim (TOS) stock trading program. TOS support tried everything to get around the installation problem (quits immediately), but concluded that something is "broken" in Java files which weren't fixed with updating Java. I backed up the old HD on Time Machine before cloning.
Can I restore whole saved HD over a working SSD? OR
Should I try one folder/file at time?
Any other suggestions?
- 06-23-2015, 03:32 PM #2
- 06-23-2015, 03:32 PM #3
- 06-24-2015, 12:26 PM #4iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: Restore from Time Machine on to an cloned SSD
Thanks KCH, Just me, D.
Final solution to getting Java based programs to run after cloning a new SSD was updating and reinstalling Yosemite 10.10.3. Yosemite 10.10.2 must have a glitch in it. Latest update is said to correct a recovery problem.
Last edited by Mylpalal; 06-26-2015 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Removed irrelevant information.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 06-23-2015, 10:46 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and SocialReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2015, 02:59 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-23-2015, 02:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-23-2015, 02:12 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-23-2015, 02:12 PM