- iMore Nanite
- 4 Posts
MacBook pro retina 2014 battery life
Looking to pick up a new MacBook air 2014 or a MacBook Pro retina 2014. Just wondering what real world use age you are getting using the retina with surfing, word processing and videos(YouTube)?
I'm not what I consider a heavy user but curious if the retina battery is even close to the air.
- 03-07-2015, 09:01 AM #2
- 03-07-2015, 09:56 AM #4
Re: MacBook pro retina 2014 battery life
Screen life and keyboard backlight suck an unbelievable amount of energy. I've burned my battery up in as little as 2-3 hours with those at max. Turn off the keyboard backlight and turn your screen brightness down to 50% or less and you can get a lot more battery life. If you don't need wifi, you'll save even more juice. I've pulled the quoted 9+ doing that.
The Retina battery isn't really close to the Air at all but it does offer one of the best batteries in a laptop anyway. Lenovo's got the Macs beat with its multi-battery bays (several ThinkPad models use two batteries and you can swap one out on the fly for a freshly charged one without taking the computer down) and HP's new x360 Spectre is said to rival the MBA for battery life but both MacBooks are still beating most other laptops out there.
- By Kalab Gezehagn in forum Apple MacBooksReplies: 5Last Post: 03-10-2015, 06:45 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-07-2015, 08:12 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-06-2015, 11:00 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-06-2015, 07:14 AM
- By Closingracer in forum iPadReplies: 2Last Post: 03-05-2015, 03:11 PM