MacBook Pro saved Picasso and handbrake to desktop and looks like they are there own drive

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I installed the Picasso app from its website and my MacBook Pro saved the program to the desktop as an external drive. When I open the finder it shows as a drive and shows the reject button. I am not sure why it did this, but it has now actually saved the program to the laptop now and is not just shown as a drive. But handbrake is doing this now.
I am a little paranoid right now because I just swapped the hdd for an ssd and am afraid I did something wrong.
I installed Yosemite in an external drive and started the laptop from there. I replaced the hdd for the ssd and then performed a fresh OS X install saved to the ssd. I restarted the laptop and removed the external drive. Everything looks and seems very fast.

This is my first MacBook and I am not very familiar.
So I am still looking around at settings and stuff but if you have any thoughts on the matter I would appreciate it.

It is a 2012 MacBook Pro i7 8gb ram Yosemite OS X .

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
MacBook Pro saved Picasso and handbrake to desktop and looks like they are th...

Those external drives are just the install for the app. If you double click it will either install the app or it will open up and you can drag and drop the app into your applications folder which is the case for Handbrake.
After installing you can eject those "drives/disk images or drag them to the trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Those are the disk images... you opened them and installed the programs right? And the apps will open and run? You can safely eject the disk images... and delete them from downloads on your mac if you wish.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I was able to do what you said. Will be back with more, hard for me easy for you questions...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2