- iMore Newbie
- 11 Posts
Best External Drive
usb 3 VS thunderbolt
Memory is very critical topic and there is no escape from increasing memory immediately
Very high price differences between the two types of memories
What do you recommend to buy? I am looking for disk 2 terabytes in size
USB 3 is good enough? Or connection thunderbolt better?
I need the drive to be used for storage and video editing through in FINAL CUT and IMOVIE ...
I'd appreciate your response
- 02-13-2015, 05:53 AM #2
- 02-15-2015, 08:19 AM #3iMore Intermediate
- 139 Posts
Re: Best External Drive
I'm currently using a Lacie Thunderbolt external SSD for use as a scratch disk for FCPX, Photoshop and Illustrator. It has been working great with no issues yet. When in FCPX, I have the Lacie SSD set as scratch, and import footage into libraries stored on the Lacie from external USB 3.0 G-Tech 7200rpm drives.
- 02-15-2015, 09:00 AM #4
- By EpicInUtah in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 17Last Post: 10-16-2015, 01:48 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-12-2015, 10:49 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-11-2015, 03:35 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-10-2015, 07:47 AM
- By Ulrik Motzfeldt in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 02-09-2015, 11:48 PM