New MacBook Pro!!

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am so excited, tomorrow I will finally be the proud owner of my first ever Mac! I've wanted one for a long time and my parents surprised me by wanting to buy me one for Christmas! I knew that I'd want to get everything possible in my first one, so I paid for the extra upgrades and I can't wait!

I got a 13" MacBook Pro with retina, 16GB Ram and 512GB SSD.

Any recommendations on first apps to get? This is all new to me.. I'm familiar with iOS on my iPhone, iPod and iPad, but really have only played with Macs a few times.

Thanks in advance!
Nicole :)

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I am so excited, tomorrow I will finally be the proud owner of my first ever Mac! I've wanted one for a long time and my parents surprised me by wanting to buy me one for Christmas! I knew that I'd want to get everything possible in my first one, so I paid for the extra upgrades and I can't wait!

I got a 13" MacBook Pro with retina, 16GB Ram and 512GB SSD.

Any recommendations on first apps to get? This is all new to me.. I'm familiar with iOS on my iPhone, iPod and iPad, but really have only played with Macs a few times.

Thanks in advance!
Nicole :)

Congrats! I got my first Mac last March and it was a very exciting time!
For me, a lot of the apps I use came already installed. Like iMovie, iPhoto, Pages, etc. So all you'll need to is open your MacBook and get to work!
There are also some really good games in the Mac App Store. The ones I've purchased and play a lot are the Sky Gambler games. Specifically Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders, and Sky Gamblers: Cold War.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! I got my first Mac last March and it was a very exciting time!
For me, a lot of the apps I use came already installed. Like iMovie, iPhoto, Pages, etc. So all you'll need to is open your MacBook and get to work!
There are also some really good games in the Mac App Store. The ones I've purchased and play a lot are the Sky Gambler games. Specifically Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders, and Sky Gamblers: Cold War.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

Thanks so much for your response. I am beyond excited and can't wait to play around with it! My sister has one and absolutely loves it! I see app package deals every once in a while, so I'll have to keep my eyes posted!

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Bartender - tames all the icons on the menubar
Dropbox
Pixelmator (if you do photo editing)
Launchbar or Alfred
Evernote
Chrome/Firefox if you have a browser preference

There's other threads around if you search that have lots of app suggestions for first time Mac users.

I will definitely have to look for the other threads - thanks for the suggestion! I noticed that this forum is a little less-trafficked than the iPhone or iPad forums, but I know there is still a lot of info avail - I just need to look!

And thanks for the app recommendations! :)

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Congrats! You'll love it

My wife just bought the 15" MacBook Pro Retina with 2.5 GHz. She loves it. And as a graphic designer the Mac and OSX is perfect

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro