Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

242 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Default MacBook Pro 13" and 15"

Hi, just a general question for everyone out here, would like to know if you just own one machine, or two, or maybe even three!
    The reason I ask is because I was thinking of getting the 15" MacBook Pro and a 27" iMac also. Not sure if I am over doing it, but I enjoy my 13" MacBook Pro, however, I kinda want the bigger screen.

What do you guys here recommend? I was thinking of going to best buy on Monday and picking up a 27" iMac and 15" MacBook Pro
    Just because, don't really have a need for all the machines, but I wanna know if you guys have more than one pretty much

8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Default Re: MacBook Pro 13" and 15"

If money is not an issue then it sounds great!

6,101 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

I have a 2012 rMPB and my wife has a 2011 iMac 21". Does that count? I do use her iMac at times just because of the larger screen.
    iMore Newbie

12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I was debating between the 13 and 15, but opted for the 13. I like the size of it for my day-to-day tasks and when I need a larger screen I just hook it up to my tv. I still am considering an iMac next year.
    I guess it depends on what you're doing (need), but if you are getting an iMac, I'd go for the 13" personally.
    iMore Beginner

63 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

This really.. depends on how well you're able to work with a smaller screen. I personally like the 15 inch the best because it's a perfect size for me.. However if you have many tasks to do on one screen, I suggest you get the 15 or even bigger.
    iMore Elite

2,654 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,865 Global Posts

I think that's great if you have a use case for them all but I personally own a13" MacBook Pro and I think it's going to be my only machine for the current time
    iMore Pro

533 Posts
    Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

I use a Mac Mini and recently added a MBP to the lineup. For me, I like to have a desktop and a laptop and I usually buy at least a couple years apart so that my next computer is a spec bump over the last one I bought. Also lets me leave my desktop set up in a server situation so I can easily tie into all my networked storage from my laptop when I am not at home.

MacBooks have pretty good support for docking though. The Thunderbolt Display is a bit old (and expensive) but it is a great docking hub if you just want the larger screen but don't really need multiple computers.

I will say this. I find myself using my Mini less and less after buying an MBP. They really are great devices and if I didn't have the Mini, my MBP would be powerful enough to drive everything I do.