Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    jamesvd13's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    1 Posts

    Default MacBook Pro with Retina Now or Wait

    I am wanting to purchase a MacBook pro with retina and the last thing I want is for me to purchase one and a new or updated version comes out. Does anyone know if a new version or updated version is coming real soon being that July was the last time?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: MacBook Pro with Retina Now or Wait

    Don't worry about getting one now, as an updated version is always coming. If it's something you really like to use as a daily machine, you are going to be satisfied with the money spent.
  3. #3  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    1,374 Posts

    Default Re: MacBook Pro with Retina Now or Wait

    It's always a gamble with Macs. They usually do minor upgrade every year, but it's not enough to fret over. If you want the MacBook Pro with Retina, you're getting the best they offer today. Whatever they bring out later this year may have a little spec bump, but what you have will be sufficient for 5+ years.
  4. #4  
    MacintoshDan's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    121 Posts

    Default Re: MacBook Pro with Retina Now or Wait

    You are fine buying now, they were updated in the late summer and Broadwell chips are still a bit away.
  5. #5  
    PeltFrelken's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    240 Posts

    Default Re: MacBook Pro with Retina Now or Wait

    Get it now, there won't be a significant change for a while.
    They just updated it this summer.
  6. #6  
    rewNATION's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    438 Posts

    Default Re: MacBook Pro with Retina Now or Wait

    I'm the same way. I've been trying to decide for months now. I'd get a PC because I could add more upgrades and probably still pay less than a MBP, but I don't know who makes good PCs anymore.
  7. #7  
    ry4 is offline
    ry4's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    12 Posts

    Default Re: MacBook Pro with Retina Now or Wait

    It will always be a gamble as to 'when' you should buy something. I came close to buying a rMBP last year but ended up getting a Windows based one. Looking back I'm glad I held off since the base models only had 4GB of RAM, however on the other hand I love my MBP so much that I'm also sorry I waited so long.

    Also rewNATION, I quite like Lenovo's laptops. I had an Ideapad which was built well and had a 1080 display. If I didn't want a Mac, I'd still be using it, and as of *right now*, Lenovo and perhaps Dell are the only two companies I'd think of for non-Mac laptops.

Similar Threads

  1. WTS - MacBook 13.3' (Mid-2010)
    By latinatwix28 in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2015, 04:53 PM
  2. I,m locked out of my iphone6, forgot my passcode. What now?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2014, 04:17 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2014, 07:09 PM
  4. Editor's desk: Taking the 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro on the road
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2014, 05:22 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2014, 03:25 PM

Posting Permissions