Should I get the MacBook Pro with Retina Now or Wait?

jamesvd13

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
MacBook Pro with Retina Now or Wait

I am wanting to purchase a MacBook pro with retina and the last thing I want is for me to purchase one and a new or updated version comes out. Does anyone know if a new version or updated version is coming real soon being that July was the last time?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: MacBook Pro with Retina Now or Wait

Don't worry about getting one now, as an updated version is always coming. If it's something you really like to use as a daily machine, you are going to be satisfied with the money spent.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

It's always a gamble with Macs. They usually do minor upgrade every year, but it's not enough to fret over. If you want the MacBook Pro with Retina, you're getting the best they offer today. Whatever they bring out later this year may have a little spec bump, but what you have will be sufficient for 5+ years.

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

You are fine buying now, they were updated in the late summer and Broadwell chips are still a bit away.

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

Get it now, there won't be a significant change for a while.
They just updated it this summer.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I'm the same way. I've been trying to decide for months now. I'd get a PC because I could add more upgrades and probably still pay less than a MBP, but I don't know who makes good PCs anymore.

ry4

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

It will always be a gamble as to 'when' you should buy something. I came close to buying a rMBP last year but ended up getting a Windows based one. Looking back I'm glad I held off since the base models only had 4GB of RAM, however on the other hand I love my MBP so much that I'm also sorry I waited so long.

Also rewNATION, I quite like Lenovo's laptops. I had an Ideapad which was built well and had a 1080 display. If I didn't want a Mac, I'd still be using it, and as of *right now*, Lenovo and perhaps Dell are the only two companies I'd think of for non-Mac laptops.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77