I am only getting about 3 hours of battery life w/my mid 2014 13-in. rMBP. Should I return it?

geefunksays

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I have just purchased my first Mac the mid 2014 13 inch rMBP and the battery is terrible she I watch you tube or netflix I can see the power just disappear in about 3 hours is this normal most reviews say I should expect 7 plus on video. Should I return it to the store.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have just purchased my first Mac the mid 2014 13 inch rMBP and the battery is terrible she I watch you tube or netflix I can see the power just disappear in about 3 hours is this normal most reviews say I should expect 7 plus on video. Should I return it to the store.

Depends on your brightness. On Mavericks I was getting about 5 hours streaming on ~45% brightness. On Yosemite I'm getting about 7 hours on the same brightness. In any case, 3 hours seems like far too little. Can you post screenshots of your activity monitor?

svivs

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I've just recently purchased the same rMBP and I am getting upwards of 10-12 hours on average use with mine. Mind you, I don't install many apps and generally use it for browsing the net, listening to music and writing documents/spreadsheets, so I don't do a lot of intensive activities. But even when I do I still get at least 8-9 hours out of it. I keep the brightness around 45% as well. So I would definitely check that out and get your device diagnosed at an Apple store. You should be able to enjoy your new rMBP to the fullest!

geefunksays

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys I did a full battery drain test and it was about 6 hours streaming video so happy with that.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro