Can't decide

RazeNCain

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Have never owned any Apple products before but I believe I will be getting an rMBP soon.

Brand new 13" MBP for $1499
2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz memory
256GB PCIe-based flash Storage
Intel Iris Graphics

Refurbished 15" MBP for $1499 (Early 2013)
8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
256GB Flash Storage
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

Whichever one I choose I will be adding AppleCare. I have never purchased anything refurbished before, however I know there is a 14-day return period.

Right now I am leaning waaay towards the Refurb since I will be adding AppleCare. Just need some opinions, I know nothing about macs other than I love the touchpad.

Edit: I guess I should mention what I will be using it for. Primarily web development and Photoshop. May be doing some AutoCAD as well. I don't play games at all, prefer a console it's much cheaper and you don't have to upgrade every year to keep up with everyone else.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You should be fine with either and hopefully, you'll come to enjoy your Apple product as much as we enjoy ours....:)

RazeNCain

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I hope so, going to best buy tonight to make sure I want an Apple. I sold my desktop which I just built this past Christmas. So it's going to be a desktop replacement, I kept my 27" display however. Forgot to mention they are both retina displays as well.

Is there a big difference between the early 2013's and the current new ones?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There's not that big of a difference, other than the usual bump in specs. The thing to remember about Macs is that they are supported for a long time. For example, I am still using a MacBook (early 2009) model that I bought brand new in February of 2009. With the exception of the malfunctioning display (I have a external display connected), the device runs well and is running OS X Mavericks with ease, and it only has 4 GB RAM. Like you, I used to build myself and others new PCs year a after year, and when I first got my MacBook, it was a bit awkward to use because I was so used to Windows. In all honesty, I almost returned my MacBook. Thank GOD I didn't. You couldn't pry me away from it now..:)

RazeNCain

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Alright, I will definitely be going with the refurb then. If I don't like it I've got 14 days. Just gotta make sure apple is what I want.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77