Should I buy Macbook Pro 2012 model?

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am in a dilemma at the moment. I have never used Mac but I have iPad mini and iPhone 5 and I really want to pick MBP non retina as currently, there's a discount of $200 or 14000 INR so eventually it will cost me $1100(approx) . Now, we all know Apple will most likely launch MBAr in Sep but Display is not a concern for me.

I just need performance. I will be using laptop for -

1) Managing photos
2) Surfing web
3) Watching movies
4) Running VMware workstation with a virtual machine for practice purpose

Pls help!!

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have that model. I will say I regret not getting the air instead. Much lighter and easier to bring places. It's a great machine. Whatever you decide I'm sure you will be happy.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Definitely also suggest the air. I went with it and have no regrets. It's so light and the battery kicks ****.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys, i just bought MBA.. MBP 2012 model was too heavy plus it doesn't have flash drive! I am HAPPY! Yeaa :D
I will definitely show up again with plethora of questions as this is my first time with Mac!

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys! So far, I am loving it.. Just a quick question - How do you animate the icons if you hover the mouse over them?

RevJar

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the mid 2012 model. It's a great machine and would do all that you wanted it to do. But I don't think you could go wrong with the Air either. Congrats on your purchase.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I triEd to talk my wife into a MBPr or MbA, but she absolutely had to have the disc drive in the laptop. She had a nice ultra book.but never used it because it didn't have an optical drive. I bought her a refurbished MBP and am glad I did. Other than the display this machine is a beast. I replaced hdd with ssd and it is as fast as a new MBPr. And it will give you a retina screen on an external monitor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2