MacBook Pro 15" and Yosemite problem?

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
***UPDATE*** - My battery charge cycles are at 681 and it shows my battery health at 93%

So i loaded Yosemite on my 15-inch the day it came out, and i had no problems since then but two days ago my laptop's fans went up to 6200 RPM (BOTH) and the laptop started heating up real bad, so i put it off and the battery was at about 80%
The next morning i woke up and my battery was at 4% and then it suddenly went off, this concerned me so i fully charged it and took it to Apple. They kept it overnight to see, they ran tests and it passed every single test claiming there to be nothing wrong with the computer. Now that i have the computer back, the battery isn't causing any trouble, but basic Safari browsing is making the fan go crazy and heating up the laptop.
Here are the temperature from iStat -

HD - 36 ?c
CPU A - 84 ?c
CPU - 60 ?c
GPU Diode - 40 ?c
Heatsink B - 56 ?c
Bottom Enclosure - 33 ?c
Memory Controller - 41 ?c

Please give some insight to this? I have placed an order for a new battery for this laptop from Apple, which they didn't want me to do but i insisted because i somehow feel the battery is over the cycles and is causing some problem.
Any help would be useful, thanks :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
***UPDATE*** - My battery charge cycles are at 681 and it shows my battery health at 93%

So i loaded Yosemite on my 15-inch the day it came out, and i had no problems since then but two days ago my laptop's fans went up to 6200 RPM (BOTH) and the laptop started heating up real bad, so i put it off and the battery was at about 80%
The next morning i woke up and my battery was at 4% and then it suddenly went off, this concerned me so i fully charged it and took it to Apple. They kept it overnight to see, they ran tests and it passed every single test claiming there to be nothing wrong with the computer. Now that i have the computer back, the battery isn't causing any trouble, but basic Safari browsing is making the fan go crazy and heating up the laptop.
Here are the temperature from iStat -

HD - 36 ?c
CPU A - 84 ?c
CPU - 60 ?c
GPU Diode - 40 ?c
Heatsink B - 56 ?c
Bottom Enclosure - 33 ?c
Memory Controller - 41 ?c

Please give some insight to this? I have placed an order for a new battery for this laptop from Apple, which they didn't want me to do but i insisted because i somehow feel the battery is over the cycles and is causing some problem.
Any help would be useful, thanks :)

I am surprised that the Genius Bar even looked at your computer. You are running a developer preview release which is, technically, unsupported - at least at the consumer/Apple Store level. Given that this is a developer preview release, lots of things like this can happen - because (say it with me) IT’S A DEVELOPER PREVIEW version of OS X.

There are a plethora of issues that can affect how DP releases run, and certainty there us much work yet to be done in the OS. It’s not intended to be a "daily driver" OS at this point.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal