Macbook Pro 13 inch (early 2011) Crucial memory in 15 inch Macbook Pro (early 2011)?
After all these years I finally have a post for someplace other than iPhone/iPad related
I just inherited a 15 inch Macbook Pro (early 2011).
About 3 months ago I bought Crucial memory and maxed out the ram in my 13 inch Macbook Pro (early 2011) to 16GB.
The current 15 incher that I inherited has the factory ram and I was HOPING that the ram in my 13 inch would work in the 15 inch. I looked on the Crucial site an the specs are identical but the part numbers are different. I was hoping someone might be able to chime in and let me know.
Thanks guys! I would like to avoid spending another 100ish bucks to max out the ram if I can.
- 07-01-2014, 10:09 PM #2
Re: Macbook Pro 13 inch (early 2011) Crucial memory in 15 inch Macbook Pro (early 2011)?
If they share the same chipset and CPU family, likely the swap will work. Since the models are so close together in release date (early 2011), then chances are good. Might want to check a site like this Mac Release Dates 2011 - Macs By Year Introduced @ EveryMac.com and the individual Apple specification pages for the two laptops just to be sure.
I recently replaced a faulty DIMM in my early 2011 MBP 17" with 2x8GB DIMMS from OWC. They have a model checker. Likely Crucial does as well. Upgrade Memory for Apple MacBook Pro to 8GB, 12GB, or 16GB DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM + SSD and Drive options up to 1.0TB - for all 13”, 15”, and 17” 2011 Models
- By wrldwzrd89 in forum Google and GmailReplies: 5Last Post: 09-30-2015, 01:28 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 07-02-2014, 02:35 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-30-2014, 11:34 PM
- By drache713 in forum OS X Yosemite (10.10)Replies: 4Last Post: 06-30-2014, 12:59 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-30-2014, 10:10 AM