Freezing, but fine in safe mode, HELP
macbook stopped working this morning. everything froze- i get spinning circle of death, but cursor moves.
ran all disk permissions, repaired disk etc and nothing seems to work- did this after booting to recovery- multiple times.
boots fine and works in Safe Mode, but in normal mode, loads up and then almost immediately freezes
- 05-28-2014, 09:19 AM #2
Re: Freezing, but fine in safe mode, HELP
If it works in safe mode then a setting or an app that's running at startup is causing the problem, in my opinion. Try going to Settings - Users & Groups - Login Items and then disable anything that is listed to see if the problem gets resolved. If it does, re-enable each item one by one until you discover the culprit.
- 05-30-2014, 05:02 PM #4
- By seawhale in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 122Last Post: 11-28-2014, 02:02 AM
- By magelo in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 14Last Post: 05-28-2014, 04:25 PM
- By FreedomPop in forum FreedomPopReplies: 1Last Post: 05-27-2014, 09:32 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-27-2014, 09:30 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-26-2014, 03:30 PM