Screen is cracked????

deucedub

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok I woke up this morning and I saw my MacBook Pro Retina looking like this. I never dropped it nor had there been any water damage. Has this happened to anyone so they can help me. And I do not have apple care protection for this MacBook Pro. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1400595816.921590.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to iMore.

It's very difficult for us to see. If it is cracked, it should be pretty obvious to you when examined up close, I think.

I take it you have tried turning it off and on again (cue old IT joke here) and the screen as it is in the image above persists through multiple different programs?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to iMore.

It's very difficult for us to see. If it is cracked, it should be pretty obvious to you when examined up close, I think.

I take it you have tried turning it off and on again (cue old IT joke here) and the screen as it is in the image above persists through multiple different programs?

Is the crack on the bottom of the screen above the 8, 9 & 0 keys?

deucedub

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
On the bottom of the screen it isn't cracked, but a soon as I touch it the whole screen goes bananas. would you know how much this would cost to get it fixed

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
i would suggest taking it into the apple store first. explain to them the situation and what you've told us and how you've never dropped it or mishandled it and see what they can offer you.

Leo Hitchcock

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Oh, this happened to me too! Just found it like that in the morning after using it the evening before. Apple service dealers are insisting we damaged the screen somehow, but no way.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner