Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Question Which MacBook to get?

Ok, so I am looking into getting a MacBook Pro. I am very tied up about which one to choose. I will tell you what I need out of the computer/what I will be doing with it and hopefully you can help me out.

I will be using the new MacBook for Photoshop, a little bit of After Effects (nothing too heavy, just some things here and there), Android and iOS development (possibly some OpenGL stuff, but not much), and I usually have a lot of tabs open in Chrome. Storage isn't really a big issue for me as I have lots of external HDDs as well as a NAS box at home.

One of my biggest debates is which size to get. I will be carrying around my laptop a lot (coffee shops, airplanes, etc), so portability is a factor. I also need some screen real estate for certain tasks, such as video editing, or in some cases programming. I was wondering if anybody that has the 15 inch MacBook Pro has any input about how easy it is to carry around/how well it fits in tight spaces.

SO, I don't think I need one of the higher end MacBooks, as most of my intensive tasks are not done every time I am on the computer. Also, little performance improvements don't mean that much to me, anything is an upgrade from my 3 year old HP What do you guys think? What size/configuration of MacBook Pro should I get (notice how I left the possibility for the non retina MBP, as my dad has one and I have tried it out; seems like a pretty nice computer. I also really like the fact that I can get one for $1,000 with student discounts and that I can upgrade RAM/ HDD later)?

Default Re: Which MacBook to get?

The information found via the following link may be of service to you.