- iMore Nanite
- 9 Posts
New Macbook Pro owner. How to upgrade ram etc?
Hey so I recently purchased a used MacBook Pro 2011 computer. It has
500gb hard drive
2ghz dual core processor
Mountain lion osx
Now I wanted to know if I wanted to could I upgrade the ram? I read online you could and wasn't sure how to go about it.
Do I do it myself or send it to apple? What are the approximate fees in CAD $ ? The nearest apple retail is an hour away but I have access to futureshop and bestbuy within 5 minutes.
I want to fix this machine up and wanted to know about how it works.
I wanted to get mavericks, Final Cut Pro , run. Sims 3, and 4-8gb of ram. If I completely fix it up will it affect my Microsoft office programs? And lastly am I able to purchase an apple care plan for it eventually ?
Any advice is great thank you!!
- 04-16-2014, 05:35 PM #2
- 04-16-2014, 06:00 PM #4
Re: New Macbook Pro owner. How to upgrade ram etc?
Not sure about that. You try try searching YouTube for some tutorials. I don't really have experiences with this type of stuff. I forgot to mention this, I don't think that your Mac is eligible for Apple Care.
- 04-18-2014, 10:08 AM #5
- By flat room in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 04-17-2014, 10:36 AM
- By shivanshu1997 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 7Last Post: 04-17-2014, 12:05 AM
- By DroidArmy in forum MusicReplies: 2Last Post: 04-16-2014, 08:37 PM
- By Janey_G in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-16-2014, 02:47 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 04-16-2014, 02:39 PM