By Doing This Will the Life of my rMBP deteriorate ?

jooeey

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok, Lately I have been hooking on (Daily) to this websites which give Live performance, these are not recorded videos, it is live performance. Though I enjoy hanging on that website I am a little doubtful that if I hang on that site for a longer period of time it might just wear off my Machine's GPU in the long run. And I do that almost daily 4-5 Hours daily Like for e.g I was hooked on to this video streaming site for say an hour today and iStat Menus said the Temperature of my machine was varying between 50C - 60C is that Good or Bad ? And Firefox through which I was logging on to that site showed a activity percentage varying between 40%-50%-60% sometimes even touching the 70% Mark. What is that supposed to mean for my system ? Good or Bad ?

Can staying on to Live Video Streaming websites for longer period of hours 4-5 Hours daily potentially damage or harm your Graphics Card because of very extensive Graphics Hungry activity !!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You should be fine doing what you're doing without any problems, but like anything man-made, your computer will need servicing at some point, but I'm talking years later.

jooeey

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
You should be fine doing what you're doing without any problems, but like anything man-made, your computer will need servicing at some point, but I'm talking years later.

So are you saying if I were not to be on this website daily I may not need this servicing that you talk about…But if one is forced to go for a servicing how many years are you hinting at for this servicing thing. Which otherwise not arise If I am not hooked on to Video Streaming sites ? right ? is that what you are suggesting ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So are you saying if I were not to be on this website daily I may not need this servicing that you talk about?
No, that is NOT what I'm saying. I'm saying that you should be fine.
But if one is forced to go for a servicing how many years are you hinting at for this servicing thing. Which otherwise not arise If I am not hooked on to Video Streaming sites ? right ? is that what you are suggesting ?
I'm not hinting at anything, and no one can determine when a device might fail. In summary, streaming movies should not harm your rMBP, and whether you're streaming video or not, at some point in time, your rMBP may need servicing simply because it is an electronic device that contain parts that do not last forever. That's all I'm saying.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, Lately I have been hooking on (Daily) to this websites which give Live performance, these are not recorded videos, it is live performance. Though I enjoy hanging on that website I am a little doubtful that if I hang on that site for a longer period of time it might just wear off my Machine's GPU in the long run. And I do that almost daily 4-5 Hours daily Like for e.g I was hooked on to this video streaming site for say an hour today and iStat Menus said the Temperature of my machine was varying between 50C - 60C is that Good or Bad ? And Firefox through which I was logging on to that site showed a activity percentage varying between 40%-50%-60% sometimes even touching the 70% Mark. What is that supposed to mean for my system ? Good or Bad ?

Can staying on to Live Video Streaming websites for longer period of hours 4-5 Hours daily potentially damage or harm your Graphics Card because of very extensive Graphics Hungry activity !!

There are all sorts of advice given in the manual of a device. Like not not putting the screen to sleep may decrease the life of the display. So it's up to the owner of the device to implement a plan to keep the device "healthy". Just like any machine.

jooeey

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I understand but just read this somewhere. is it true that for Video Streaming websites it is good to use a HTML5 enabled Browser because they make less use of GPU or RAM ? if yes ? Can anyone give me some names of a good HTML5 enabled websites which make less use of the RAM or GPU Memory.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I think you are complicating things TOO much! These devices are made to endure any use that you might give them, as high performance machines that they are. So just stream, play, write, edit do whatever you need (as long as it's not hitting someone with it or dropping it on concrete) and be freaking happy.

Your rMBP can fail tomorrow or in 4 years! It will fail eventually, because they are (as D said) man-maid machines!

Tapatalkeando

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW