- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
Hairline-crack in display-- what to do?
I have a MacBook Pro 13" that was bought in early February, and a few days ago I noticed a hairline crack (not a scratch) on the top left of my screen. it's met the centre left side of my display now. It's very thin and shallow, I initially thought it was actually a hair on my screen. Anyways, what's my best course of action? I've haven't taken my laptop around with me for a while, it's been sitting next to my bed for about a month, so nothing I can think of could have warranted the scratch except the cold weather that's been going through the country. Anyways, I'm a student, I can't afford to repair the display from Apple or by myself (unless I got Applecare, would it cover that?), what is my best course of action? I'm going back to school soon, so I'll be carrying around my laptop and want to avoid more damage. I was considering buying some Displex and a screen protector, but would that do anything? I scared that the crack would get larger and ruin the integrity of my display (even more so), and eventually I would like to get it fixed.
- 01-10-2014, 10:38 AM #2
- 01-10-2014, 10:42 AM #3
- 01-10-2014, 10:53 AM #5
Re: Hairline-crack in display-- what to do?
1. Accept that the display is cracked, and deal with it.
2. Try to see if Apple will fix it for me either for free or at an acceptable cost. (I wouldn't care that the nearest Apple Store is an hour away, especially if they're willing to fix it to my satisfaction)
3. Attempt to locate a local dealer or local authorized Apple repair shop, and get a repair/replacement quote.
4. Sell it, and then use the proceeds to get another one.
5. Make a decision on the above mentioned options and live with that decision.
- 01-10-2014, 05:11 PM #6
- 01-10-2014, 05:13 PM #7
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 01-10-2014, 05:05 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-10-2014, 09:20 AM
- By Abhishek Radix in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-10-2014, 08:49 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-09-2014, 09:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-09-2014, 07:50 PM