Trackpad Issues Macbook Pro 13" 2012

eradicator2k14

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
My trackpad takes a decent amount of pressure to physically click on the left side and is virtually impossible to click on the right. It goes in on the right but no click. I usually do not click as I am a tap person but the problem has been going on for months.

I took it to the Apple Store and they checked for a swollen battery and said all was fine. They "repaired" it over the next two hours and sent me on my way. It clicked wonderfully for two days and now its back to requiring a lot of pressure to physically click. Like I said, I usually tap because I like that better but dragging is significantly harder now. Makes a loud plasticky click noise too.

Any ideas?

Oh I purchased this Macbook new at an Apple Store on campus in February 2013 so its 11 months old.

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
your best bet would be to take it back to the Apple Store, it could be either they didn't really swap out the battery and just lifted the trackpad slightly up, and after the use of two days the trackpad went back down.
i'd say take it back to the store, they'd be the only ones to help you out best.

eradicator2k14

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Suppose I'll be booking my next trip to the Apple Store. Saw a video on YouTube about tightening a screw underneath the actual trackpad..not sure if I'm adventurous enough to attempt that though

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Suppose I'll be booking my next trip to the Apple Store. Saw a video on YouTube about tightening a screw underneath the actual trackpad..not sure if I'm adventurous enough to attempt that though

If you do open your laptop at all, you should keep in mind, that voids your warranty. Apple puts small stickers on screws which tear through if tampered with which tells them you've opened your laptop.
Let them take care of it if you aren't sure about doing it yourself :)

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Why bother opening it if it's under warranty? Let Apple do it. That's what you paid them for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 while driving in reverse

Peter Cohen

iMore staff
Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Agree with returning it to the store. This close to the end of the warranty, you want to make sure you have a paper trail. Also, strongly consider AppleCare. It'll cost less than your first out of warranty repair bill.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Agree with returning it to the store. This close to the end of the warranty, you want to make sure you have a paper trail. Also, strongly consider AppleCare. It'll cost less than your first out of warranty repair bill.

I agree with this, AppleCare is indispensable, I forgot to calculate that into the cost for my own rMBP purchase and now I have to save just a little bit longer but it is absolutely a worthwhile investment. Three years of coverage for reduced pricing in repairs and free replacements if they can't solve the issue after a certain number of visits.

Synchronistically transposed

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77