How bed friendly is the Retina MacBook Pro 13"?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Electronic devices need air circulation of some sort to keep cool. If using it in the manner you're asking will allow for air circulation then you should be fine.

DucmanVino

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
That's how I use mine 85% of the time . I'm actually in bed while typing this. tried the iPad and mini and I find this the most comfortable.

AppleHeadCA

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Depends in what you are doing. Just web browsing you are probably ok because that doesn't use much power and create much heat that needs to be disappeared. Heavy duty gaming -not recommended because being in a bed would prevent airflow and the computer would get really hot.

Nah, I don't game on computers. I prefer my PS3/4 XBOX etc.

Can't wait to get mine, it's still being processed...got a 1-2 weeks shipping quote for a custom configuration...

AppleHeadCA

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
My iPad Air rocks the bed!!!!!!! My laptop is for my couch, and on the run. ;)

I've tried every iPad in bed...Air and Mini. Holding it with one hand despite the reduced weight still sucks lol. I can lay my Macbook on my chest and I'm hands free basically. Between the iPhone and these last generation Macbooks there just isn't any room for the iPad in my life. Great device nonetheless! Gorgeous screen and the light weight makes it very attractive! cheers!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods