Merry Christmas!! I'm excited!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I decided a while ago I wanted to try my hand at iOS app development, this meant needing a Mac. I decided to go MacBook and after talking on Twitter with a dev, it was decided a Pro is much more efficient at coding than an Air. Now I'll have to learn Objective C, xcode, and whatever else may apply, but I've started saving and I'm currently only about $200 shy of the base 13" Retina Pro model. So by Christmas or very shortly after, maybe sooner, I'll walk into an Apple Store and buy my very first Mac, a shiny new rMBP. I'm excited, no real reason for this post other than to share my excitement.

Blazin' Tap Tap Tappity 2 You!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Outstanding!, and I'm happy for you, sir. I'm sure you will be even more excited after you've purchased it. Merry Christmas to you...:)

DucmanVino

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations! I just got myself a gift too, couldn't wait for christmas bought it two days ago. I'm pretty sure you'll love it.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, I've always been fascinated with programming, have a very basic and limited understanding of Q-Basic and Visual Basic, which I find fun to play with so I'm sure I'll fun learning these new languages.

rex450se

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Are you a student? If so you can get their education discount. On the base model 13 rMBP it's $100 less. I just got my newest rMBP a couple days ago and the discount saved me $200 on the top tier 15" model. It basically covered taxes but everything helps. Also look at the refurb store. I don't see any retina models on there now but keep your eye out. I'm sure they pop up.

Victor

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I am not a student, however I am an Amway IBO and Apple has recently partnered with them and at least online I can get it 10% off making it $1,170, $130 off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2