Assuming both cost the same...
Would you choose
1) the early 13' rMBP with 2.6 ghz i5, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd intel 4000 or
2) the new late 13' rMBP with baseline 2.4 ghz, 4gb ram, 128 gb ssd, iris graphics
Both are exactly 1300$
Last edited by kennethkilo; 11-21-2013 at 06:11 PM.
- 11-21-2013, 11:03 AM #2
- 11-21-2013, 11:05 AM #3
Re: Which rMCP?
Great question, I have owned #1 and returned it to best buy in exchange for the newer model however I opted for the 8 gig with 256 variant. Both are great machines, however for the money the 256 SSD does really make a big difference when it comes to storage. As far as performance? Option #2 is not only faster but feels faster in day to day use, you will notice the difference immediately the first time you start scrolling in Safari. So your question is a tough one however let me try to keep it simple.
Purchase the early 13" if you need the storage or Purchase the late 13" if you want better performance and battery life.
Keep in mind that the newer version with iris also holds 1 gig of ram for the video graphics so you essentially have 3 gigs of system memory, which is fine for day to day tasks heck even Parallels Desktop with windows 8 runs fine. In the end both are fantastic devices.
- 11-21-2013, 05:50 PM #5
- 11-28-2013, 04:50 PM #7
- By jsntrenkler in forum AccessoriesReplies: 37Last Post: 09-19-2014, 02:36 PM
- By jsntrenkler in forum OS X Mavericks (10.9)Replies: 2Last Post: 12-02-2013, 02:47 PM
- By jsntrenkler in forum AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 12-02-2013, 11:20 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-21-2013, 09:10 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-20-2013, 09:01 PM